- Tagoma's name is derived from the Japanese word "tamago", which means "egg"
- Sorbet is self-explanatory
- and Shisami is named after the Japanese seafood dish "sashimi".
- Goku is injured and Vegeta takes over the fight, a reverse of the original fight where Vegeta was injured and Goku took over
- Goku unleashes a Saiyan transformation - and so does Vegeta
- Frieza tries to kill Krillin, like in the first fight - while he succeeded there, Krillin is rescued in time
- Frieza blows up a world when he is defeated - while in the original fight it was Namek and it could not be brought back, here it is Earth and it is brought back through time-travel.