All the Money in the World (2017) - News Poster

News

Sony Executive David Beaubaire to Transition Into Producer Role by End of Year

David Beaubaire, an executive vice president of production at Sony’s Columbia Pictures banner, will step down by the end of the year and transition into a producer role at the studio.

The move is one Beaubaire, whose credits include last year’s “All the Money in the World,” has been eyeing for a years, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Beaubaire has all ready begun working toward the transition, which will see him serve as a producer on the studio’s “Men in Black” spinoff starring Chris Hemsworth, Tessa Thompson and Liam Neeson. That film is expected in theaters next June.

Also Read: Rafe Spall, Kumail Nanjiani Join Sony's 'Men in Black' Spinoff

Beaubaire was executive vice president of production at Paramount Pictures before joining Sony, and he was at Dreamworks before that.

Outside of Beaubaire’s transition to a new role, Sony has, in the last week,
See full article at The Wrap »

David Beaubaire Transitioning From Sony Exec To Producer

Exclusive: Longtime Sony Pictures exec veep of production David Beaubaire will transition by year’s end into a producing deal, sources said. There has been a series of changes at the studio, but I’m being told this is Beaubaire’s desire. The pieces of the transition are still falling into place. Among his projects have been All The Money in The World, which Ridley Scott directed and which survived the switch from Kevin Spacey to Oscar-nominated Christopher Plummer shortly…
See full article at Deadline Movie News »

Actor Kidnapped With ‘Halloween: Resurrection’ Actress Details Ordeal: ‘A Pretty Good Beating’

  • The Wrap
Actor Kidnapped With ‘Halloween: Resurrection’ Actress Details Ordeal: ‘A Pretty Good Beating’
Halloween: Resurrection” actress Daisy McCrackin and actor Joseph Capone were kidnapped from the latter’s Los Angeles home on May 3.

Now, Capone has detailed the incident in an interview with “Good Morning America” in which he says he was pistol-whipped, dragged into a car and left alone naked for hours while he waited for the kidnappers to take McCrackin to multiple ATMs to collect ransom for his return.

“He whacked me on the head with the gun and then proceeded to stomp on me and give me a pretty good beating,” Capone told “Gma.”

Also Read: 'Halloween: Resurrection' Actress' Accused Kidnappers Face Possible Life in Prison

“Once there, the defendants allegedly stripped Capone naked and held him without food in a bathtub for 30 hours,” the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office said, citing an indictment of the trio.

In all, Keith Andre Stewart, Johntae Jones and Amber Neal
See full article at The Wrap »

Guy Pearce Hints at Kevin Spacey Misconduct on L.A. Confidential Set

Guy Pearce Hints at Kevin Spacey Misconduct on L.A. Confidential Set
Police in London and Los Angeles are currently investigating allegations of sexual misconduct against actor Kevin Spacey. Guy Pearce commented on working with Spacey recently and insinuated that he was groped by the actor when they were filming L.A. Confidential in 1997. The first accusations against Spacey came to light last year when actor Anthony Rapp claimed that Spacey sexually assaulted him when he was only 14-years old. Since then, many men have come forward to share similar stories.

Guy Pearce recently appeared on the Australian talk show Interview, where he was asked about working with Kevin Spacey. Pearce immediately praised Spacey's acting talents, but then said that the subject was a difficult one to talk about. He then suggested that he may have had a negative experience while filming 1997's L.A. Confidential with Spacey. Pearce explains.

"Yeah ... yeah. Tough one to talk about at the moment. Amazing actor; incredible actor.
See full article at MovieWeb »

Three More Sexual Assault Allegations Have Emerged Against Kevin Spacey

Kevin Spacey is the subject of three new allegations of sexual assault that are currently being looked into by the UK Metropolitan Police, adding to the three previous claims that are already being investigated in London.

TMZ have reported that the new accusations come from three men, and that they regard separate cases of sexual assault in the UK capital. According to the claims, these incidents occurred in Westminster in 1996, in Lambeth in 2008, and in Gloucester in 2013.

The London borough of Lambeth is home of the Old Vic Theater, where Spacey served as artistic director from 2004 to 2015. The theater issued a statement last November reporting that they had received 20 personal testimonies of inappropriate behavior by the actor.

In that same month, Scotland Yard’s Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command opened investigations into claims that Spacey sexually assaulted men in 2005 and 2008, the former case also allegedly taking place in Lambeth.
See full article at We Got This Covered »

Kevin Spacey faces fresh investigations by Jennie Kermode - 2018-07-04 13:09:20

Kevin Spacey at the Royal Albert Hall Photo: Richardc39

Kevin Spacey is facing investigation over two new allegations of sexual assault and one of assault, according to reports by the BBC today. London's Metropolitan Police, who have not formally confirmed their suspect's name, are looking into incidents said to have taken place in Westminster, Lambeth and Gloucester between 1996 and 2013.

Spacey, who was cut from Ridley Scott's All The Money In The World after accusations against him first broke in October 2017, is already being investigated by the Met in relation to three other sexual assault allegations. The new developments come just a day after actor Guy Pearce, who worked with him on L.A. Confidential, told Australian TV host Andrew Denton that working with Spacey had been difficult, describing him as "a handsy guy."

To date, the actor has not faced criminal charges....
See full article at eyeforfilm.co.uk »

Guy Pearce Says ‘La Confidential’ Co-Star Kevin Spacey Was a ‘Handsy Guy’

Guy Pearce Says ‘La Confidential’ Co-Star Kevin Spacey Was a ‘Handsy Guy’
In a new interview, Australian actor Guy Pearce suggested that Kevin Spacey had inappropriately touched him during their time together filming “L.A. Confidential” in 1997.

When asked by TV host Andrew Denton about his experience working with Spacey, Pearce said the following:

“Yeah… yeah. Tough one to talk about at the moment. Amazing actor; incredible actor. Mmm. Slightly difficult time with Kevin, yeah. He’s a handsy guy.”

“Thankfully I was 29, and not 14,” he added, per news.au.com.

Also Read: Kevin Spacey Sexual Assault Case Under Review by La District Attorney

You can watch a preview of Pearce’s conversation with Denton here. In Australia, viewers can watch Pearce’s full interview tonight at 8:55 p.m. on “Seven.”

TheWrap reached out to Pearce’s agent and Spacey’s attorney to see if either actor for comment on this story and did immediately hear back from either side.

Spacey has
See full article at The Wrap »

‘Sicario: Day of the Soldado’ Won’t Be a Blockbuster, But It’s Rewriting Movie Sequel History

‘Sicario: Day of the Soldado’ Won’t Be a Blockbuster, But It’s Rewriting Movie Sequel History
Like almost every other movie this summer, “Sicario: Day of the Soldado” is a sequel. However, it bears little resemblance to the onslaught of overgrown lizards, animated families, and Marvel brethren; it cost much less, and will gross much less. But what really sets “Soldado” apart is it was never meant to happen.

Sequels are as old as the movies. Comedy silent shorts often built on a continuing set of characters. Rudolph Valentino followed “The Sheik” with the even-bigger “Son of the Sheik.” Douglas Fairbanks went from “The Mark of Zorro” to “Don Q, Son of Zorro.”

In the early decades of sound, studios nurtured franchises that included The Thin Man (six titles), the Hardy Family (16 titles), Dr. Kildare and Ma and Pa Kettle (10 titles). Rarely, studios struck twice on a major success: 1944 Best Picture winner “Going My Way” immediately spawned the even-better “Bells of St. Mary’s,” and 1942 winner “Mrs. Miniver
See full article at Indiewire »

Mark Wahlberg and Peter Berg to reunite yet again on Netflix’s Wonderland

Mark Wahlberg and director Peter Berg just can’t get enough of working together. The pair will be reuniting for the fifth time on the Netflix original film, Wonderland.

The adaptation of the Ace Atkins novel, Robert B. Parker’s Wonderland, follows Spenser who, fresh out of prison, is sucked back into Boston’s underbelly as he uncovers the truth about a sensational murder and the twisted conspiracy behind it. Spenser is a fictional character in a series of detective novels initially penned by Parker and more recently by Atkins.

Berg and Wahlberg will be producing alongside Neal H. Moritz via his Original Film banner and Stephen Levinson via his Film 44 company. Sean O’Keefe is adapting the script for the big screen.

The book is part of the Spenser series, which is named after a fictional character in a series of detective novels originally written by the American mystery writer Robert B.
See full article at HeyUGuys »

Lionsgate appoints Damon Wolf as head of worldwide marketing

Lionsgate appoints Damon Wolf as head of worldwide marketing
Executive has worked on Baby Driver, Game Of Thrones, Harry Potter films.

TriStar Pictures, Screen Gems and Sony Pictures Acquisitions co-head of marketing Damon Wolf will join Lionsgate as president of worldwide marketing for the motion picture group on January 1, 2019.

Wolf will report to Lionsgate motion picture group chair Joe Drake. He replaces Tim Palen, who will continue as chief brand officer overseeing the studio’s franchise management and location-based entertainment and reports to Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer.

Wolf’s arrival marks the latest key hire by Drake, who recently named longtime business partner Nathan Kahane president of the motion picture group.
See full article at ScreenDaily »

Lionsgate hires Damon Wolf as head of worldwide marketing

Lionsgate hires Damon Wolf as head of worldwide marketing
Executive has worked on Baby Driver, Game Of Thrones, Harry Potter films.

TriStar Pictures, Screen Gems and Sony Pictures Acquisitions co-head of marketing Damon Wolf will join Lionsgate as president of worldwide marketing for the motion picture group on January 1, 2019.

Wolf will report to Lionsgate motion picture group chair Joe Drake. He replaces Tim Palen, who will continue as chief brand officer overseeing the studio’s franchise management and location-based entertainment and reports to Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer.

Wolf’s arrival marks the latest key hire by Drake, who recently named longtime business partner Nathan Kahane president of the motion picture group.
See full article at ScreenDaily »

Lionsgate Picks Damon Wolf as New Worldwide Marketing Head

  • The Wrap
The ongoing restructuring at Lionsgate continued Tuesday as the studio announced that Damon Wolf would be the new head of worldwide marketing for its motion picture division starting next year. He replaces Tim Palen, who will stay on as the studio’s chief brand officer and will work with Wolf on the transition.

Wolf comes to Lionsgate after four years at Sony, where he was co-head of marketing for TriStar Pictures, Screen Gems and Sony Pictures Acquisitions. Among the films he built marketing campaigns for are the Edgar Wright action film “Baby Driver,” Ridley Scott’s Oscar-nominated “All The Money In The World,” and Danny Boyle’s “T2: Trainspotting.”

Wolf’s hire comes five weeks after Good Universe co-founder Nathan Kahane was named the new president of Lionsgate, joining longtime collaborator and new studio chairman Joe Drake as the replacement for longtime studio chiefs Erik Feig and Patrick Wachsberger.
See full article at The Wrap »

BBC Picks Up Danny Boyle’s Getty Kidnap Drama ‘Trust’

The BBC has acquired “Trust,” Danny Boyle’s FX drama based on the true-life kidnapping of the heir to billionaire John Paul Getty, one of the world’s wealthiest businessmen.

Donald Sutherland (“The Hunger Games”) plays John Paul Getty, Sr., the oil tycoon, art collector and head of the Getty family. Hilary Swank (“Million Dollar Baby”), Brendan Fraser (“The Mummy”), and Harris Dickinson (Beach Rats) also star in the series, which tackles the same topic as Ridley Scott’s recent film, “All the Money in the World.”

“Trust” opens in 1973 with the kidnapping of John Paul Getty III (Dickinson), known as Paul,
See full article at Variety - TV News »

‘Trust’ that Brendan Fraser will be nominated for an Emmy, say many of our Experts

‘Trust’ that Brendan Fraser will be nominated for an Emmy, say many of our Experts
In the film “All the Money in the World,” about the kidnapping of Getty Oil heir John Paul Getty III, all eyes were on Christopher Plummer. The veteran actor earned an Oscar nomination after he abruptly replaced a disgraced Kevin Spacey in the role of billionaire oil magnate J. Paul Getty. But in the new FX series “Trust,” which tells the same story from different angles, much of the attention is going to Brendan Fraser for his performance as Getty fixer James Fletcher Chace, who flies to Italy to solve the case. Many of our Emmy Experts think he’ll be nominated for Best Drama Supporting Actor.

Chace was portrayed by Mark Wahlberg in the film, but Fraser comes at it differently. He plays Chace as a stetson-wearing Texan who’s quirky but honorable, and occasionally addresses the camera directly like a Greek chorus. As of this writing 8 of the
See full article at Gold Derby »

Charlie Plummer in Lean On Pete Coming to Blu-ray & DVD July 10th

The Unforgettable Odyssey Based on the Acclaimed Novel Rides to Blu-ray and DVD on July 10 from Lionsgate

Find hope and acceptance in the most unlikely of places in Lean on Pete, arriving on Blu-ray (plus Digital) and DVD July 10 from Lionsgate. Written and directed by award-winning filmmaker Andrew Haigh, the film, which Indiewire calls “a gem,” is a slice-of-life story about a teenage boy who sets out on an adventure to find a place called home. Starring in the Rotten Tomatoes Certified Fresh film are Charlie Plummer, Oscar nominee Chloë Sevigny, with Travis Fimmel, and Golden Globe® winner Steve Buscemi.

Fifteen-year-old Charley (Charlie Plummer) finds acceptance and camaraderie at a local racetrack where he lands a job caring for an aging Quarter Horse named Lean on Pete. The horse’s gruff owner, Del Montgomery (Steve Buscemi), and his seasoned jockey, Bonnie (Chloë Sevigny), help Charley fill the void of his absent father.
See full article at WeAreMovieGeeks.com »

A New Kevin Spacey Movie Is Coming This Summer: Why?

A New Kevin Spacey Movie Is Coming This Summer: Why?
Kevin Spacey will be making a return to the big screen this August for the first time since the actor was hit with a slew of sexual misconduct allegations. Billionaire Boys Club, which was filmed more than two years ago, is being released by Los Angeles based distributor Vertical, who have decided to bring the movie to theaters later this summer. This is a decision that is sure to be met with some controversy, but one that the company says wasn't an easy one to make. Here's what Vertical had to say about it in a statement.

"We hope these distressing allegations pertaining to one person's behavior, that were not publicly known when the film was made almost two-and-a-half years ago and from someone who has a small, supporting role in Billionaire Boys Club, does not tarnish the release of the film. We don't condone sexual harassment on any level
See full article at MovieWeb »

Kevin Spacey Has a New Movie Coming Out Months After Sexual Misconduct Allegations

Kevin Spacey Has a New Movie Coming Out Months After Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Kevin Spacey is set to make his return to the big screen months after facing several sexual misconduct accusations.

The actor will appear in Billionaire Boys Club, also starring his Baby Driver costar Ansel Elgort. The movie, which was shot over a year before allegations against him came to light, will be released in theaters August 17. It also stars Taron Egerton, Emma Roberts, Jeremy Irvine, Cary Elwes, Suki Waterhouse, Billie Lourd, and Rosanna Arquette.

“We hope these distressing allegations pertaining to one person’s behavior — that were not publicly known when the film was made almost 2.5 years ago — do not tarnish the release,
See full article at PEOPLE.com »

Distributor Explains Why It’s Releasing Kevin Spacey’s Latest Film ‘Billionaire Boys Club’

One of the people that’s been hardest hit by the #MeToo movement is Kevin Spacey. After multiple allegations of sexual assault from various men, Spacey was removed as the star of one of Netflix’s biggest series, “House of Cards.” Spacey was also famously cut from the Oscar-nominated film “All the Money in the World,” where the cast and crew went back for 10 days of filming with actor Christopher Plummer to redo every one of Spacey’s scenes.

Continue reading Distributor Explains Why It’s Releasing Kevin Spacey’s Latest Film ‘Billionaire Boys Club’ at The Playlist.
See full article at The Playlist »

Kevin Spacey Film 'Billionaire Boys Club' to Hit Select Theaters in August

Kevin Spacey Film 'Billionaire Boys Club' to Hit Select Theaters in August
In a test of whether moviegoers want to see disgraced actor Kevin Spacey on the big screen, Billionaire Boys Club will get a limited release in theaters this summer, on Aug. 17, following its debut on VOD mid-July.

The fate of the ensemble crime-drama was unclear after Spacey was accused last fall of sexual assualt by a number of men in the U.S. and England. Netflix and Mrc fired him from House of Cards, while Ridley Scott replaced Spacey in All the Money in the World.

Indie distributor Vertical Entertainment — which is also handling John Travolta's Gotti — said it was ...
See full article at The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News »

Return From Exile: Kevin Spacey’s ‘Billionaire Boys Club’ to Hit Theaters in August (Exclusive)

  • The Wrap
Return From Exile: Kevin Spacey’s ‘Billionaire Boys Club’ to Hit Theaters in August (Exclusive)
Disgraced Hollywood star Kevin Spacey’s film “Billionaire Boys Club” will get a theatrical release this summer, despite his exile from the entertainment community, the film’s distributor told TheWrap on Monday.

The film, which was shot before Spacey’s #MeToo scandal hit last November, will see a digital and VOD rollout on July 17 followed by a limited theatrical run beginning Aug. 17. It’s fate in North America was up for debate last week after an international trailer from Malaysian distributor Tgv Pictures hit the web.

“We hope these distressing allegations pertaining to one person’s behavior — that were not publicly known when the film was made almost 2.5 years ago — do not tarnish the release,” a statement to TheWrap from indie distributor Vertical Entertainment said.

Also Read: Ryan Murphy Is Developing #MeToo Anthology Series 'Consent' Tackling Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey

“We don’t condone sexual harassment on any level and
See full article at The Wrap »
An error has occured. Please try again.

See also

Showtimes | External Sites


Recently Viewed