Change Your Image
Upload An Image
Crop And Save
Kaththi is a really good film but do not watch like it is Thupakki or a total entertainer
Kaththi in my opinion is an amazing film with a very good focus on a huge social issue in India. But don't watch as if it was Thupakki or a total entertainer otherwise you may be let down. Here are the plus points and need for improvement Plus: -Vijay's acting is amazing for Kathiresan but especially for Jeevanantham. Jeeva's character is so different it shows that Vijay is truly a versatile actor not just his typical angry man roles.
-The social message of this film is very gripping and ARM does a good job of not losing the focus the film, especially during the second half. When the audience leaves the theater they will understand the importance of this social message.
-Neil Nithin Mukesh has a sensational Tamil debut as the villain. His role of the villain is similar to Thupakki in a way that shows that he uses his head to solve the problems but this villain has more of a "it's not fair, it's cheating, you can't do this" side to him which brings some sort of comic relief.
-Sathish does a decent job as the comic relief and will make you laugh at some unexpected moments.
-The screenplay, story, dialogue(which are immense), and the direction are top notch and all credit goes to ARM.
-The technical aspects of this film are so good. Anal Arasu's stunts are probably the best stunts you will ever see in Indian Cinema which are a mix of hard hits, innovative fighting styles(coin flipping scene), and amazingly slick dodges you will not want to miss. George C. Williams does a fantastic job with the cinematography and giving us very nice angles to view the film in, especially the fight scenes. The editing by A. Sreekar Prasad is very sound and lets us enjoy the film in the best way possible without any lags. The art direction by Lalgudi N. Ilayaraja is very good and gave us good sets to view the films especially during the song sequences. Anirudh is so amazing in this movie, his BGM is immense, his music also give a good impression on everyone.
-The film is taken at a slower pace which is need in order to fit with the story which is a good strategy.
Improvements: -Samantha was almost useless for this film and shouldn't have stayed with Vijay for most of the film.
Jigarthanda Review...A Different Movie that worked out
Jigarthanda is an amazing movie that all of you should watch in the theaters. Here are a few reasons why.
1. Superb performance from Simha, nails the character and really makes the story great 2. Great script/screenplay by Karthik Subbaraj. He was the reason this movie worked and the twists in the movie was what made it really interesting., 3. Santhosh Narayanan composed some great BGM for this movie and also a great soundtrack 4. Although not that prominent, Siddharth does a good job in his role 5. The movie is extremely hilarious, especially in the second half, but it sticks to the script and doesn't get out of hand.
6. Karunakaran does a good job of making the scenes comical and his timing is almost perfect.
7. The cinematography in this movie is extremely good and crisp, especially liked how the camera was still, nicely zoomed, the angles in which the shots were taken.
8. If you liked Pizza, this movie has plenty more to enjoy than Pizza.
9. Only minor flaw, there was almost no use for Lakshmi Menon but in order for the script to have worked she had to be part of the story.
10. Final verdict: Definitely an award winning movie (Cinematography, BGM, Simha, Screenplay, Direction, Music, Comedian, and possibly film)and everyone has shown they have potential for films in the near future.
Moodar Koodam (2013)
Hilarious but confusing due to extra characters
Moodar Koodam is a very well crafted comedy but got very dragged due to extra characters. 1. Acting was very good 2. Creds to Naveen for creating a great movie for a débutant director 3. Plot was very nice and dialogue was immensely impressive 4. Lots of funny part in the first half and most of the second part 5. Action sequence at the end was very dramatic 6. Certain parts were repeated, such as putting them upside down, were needed which helped the movie 7. only negative: there were too many characters which made the end a little bit confusing and caused a little bit of lag. 8. Also, creds to the main cast for the expresions, amazing. 9. Amazing movie and you must watch it.
Great Movie from start to finish with right elements to the story
VIshwaroopam is one the best movies of 2013 and of all time. The plot of this movie is very interesting with twists and turns and a lot of flashbacks. Without a sequel, this movie wouldn't have had the critical acclaim it has received so far. The acting of the lead roles were pretty impressive. the music was pretty good but not up to expectations.The only reason,in my opinion, this movie was successful is the intensity of the plot and the successful effect of "thrill". WIthout these very important elements, this movie would have been another on of those cheesy movies that were flops i.e. Sura. There still were very minor flaws in the otherwise perfect movie. First, the flashbacks got a little bit confusing towards the end of the story. Second, if movie was a little bit shorter, it might have made a bigger impact. Finally, the actors could have stepped up their performance a tiny bit more.