Change Your Image
Upload An Image
Crop And Save
ListsAn error has ocurred. Please try again
Hat-trick Blockbuster from Vijay-Atlee!
Bigil is the third collaboration of Vijay and Atlee after the blockbusters Theri and Mersal. This film is about an former football player, now turned into a rowdy, coaching for the Tamilnadu women's football team after a tragedy. So let's check out the plus and minus points of the film:
Plus: 1) Vijay - Vijay is the biggest pillar of the movie who holds the audience with his charisma and mannerisms. His different makeover and voice modulation for Rayappan deserve a huge applause.
2) Songs & BGM - Rahman's songs are already chartbusters and set a festive mood inside the theatre. The BGM for Rayappan is one of his best works.
3) Visuals - After impressing with his work in Mersal, Vishnu again excels in his job and especial the song sequences are a treat to watch.
4) Emotion - Atlee is best in bringing out emotion from the characters and transferring it to the audience. He succeeds in it this time too. Some scenes of Rayappan will make you cry even if you don't want to.
5) Portrayal of women - Many dialogues about women and their empowerment are hard-hitting. The scenes involving 2 former players, who stopped playing due to various circumstances, are one of the best scenes of the movie.
Minus : 1) Romantic scenes - The romantic scenes involving Vijay and Nayanthara, though enjoyable, are overstretched in the first half. Also some scenes seems to be unwanted.
2) Football match scenes - Though the team had put lot of efforts in these scenes, they look more filmy and unrealistic.
Overall, the Vijay-Atlee combo have managed to give a hat-trick and succeeded in it. Watch it with your whole family and friends!
Rating - 9/10
Enai Noki Paayum Thota (2019)
A partially convincing action film!
First of all, I'm a huge fan of GVM. I admire his works and love his films. After a wait of 3 years, he is back with ENPT with the in-form Dhanush. The film is about Raghu and the problems faced by him because of his lady love, Lekha. So lets check out the plus and minus points of the film:
1) Lead pair - Major plus of the movie is the chemistry between the lead pair. Dhanush excels as the charming young man and Megha fits in her perfectly.
2) Songs & BGM - Darbuka Siva is another hero of the film. His songs are already chart busters and a treat to listen. He also done a convincing job with the BGM.
3) First half - The first half is filled with the romantic portions which have come out really well as GVM's previous films. The first half ends with a tinge of action and promises a solid second half.
4) Cinematography - The visuals are a delight to watch especially in the song sequences. The fight sequences are also well shot particularly, a fight inside a lift.
1) Second half - The screenplay in the second half takes a hit and lags at many instances.
2) Overdose of Voice-overs - GVM's films are very popular for its voice-overs which feels like a poetry. This time too, it was good but overdone. They are placed such that we are hearing what we see in front of our eyes, which is tiring to watch.
3) Cliche'd plot - We find various similarities with GVM's previous film Achcham Yenbathu Madamaiyada (which had the same problems like ENPT) and the plot and screenplay fails to keep us hooked.
Overall, an average romantic-action film which fulfills in romance but not in action.
Rating : 7/10
A good thriller to watch with your family!
Director Jeethu Joseph is back again with his second Tamil film after Papanasam. The film is about Parvathy who is waiting for her long-lost brother. Then, enters Vicky, a trickster, posting as her brother for looting money from the family. The twists and turns after that forms the crux of the movie. So let's check out the plus and minus points of the movie.
1) Performances - Every actor proves their experience in acting with their performances.
2) Second half - Second half is filled with many twists which succeed as much as possible to be an edge-of-the-seat thriller.
3) Stunts - The fight sequences are well choreographed even though some seems to be over-the-top.
4) Unpredictable scenes - The unpredictability factor starts from the interval twist and carries till the climax.
1) First half - More time in the first half is spent on exploring the characters which does not engage.
2) Songs - None of the songs gives us the impact.
3) Unwanted scenes - Some scenes were felt unwanted even though it does not disturb the flow of the movie.
Overall, Thambi is a good family-thriller with great performances by the cast and a well engaging second half.
Rating - 8/10
A well-written and emotional Superhero film!
Like his first film, P.S.Mithran presents us various details and problems in the society. The film is all about the educational scam in our country and how the innovative ideas of students are misused. So let's check out the plus and minus points of this film:
1) SK - He plays the role of Superhero efficiently.
2) Arjun - Biggest plus of the film. His acting and dialogue delivery deserves a huge applause
3) BGM - Yuvan again proves why he is known as BGM King. His pulsating BGM, especially in the second half, holds the movie.
4) Dialogues - They are hard-hitting and exposes the bitter truth of our educational system
5) Visuals and Cinematography
1) Romantic portions in the first half are a bit overstretched.
2) Songs - Though Yuvan impresses with his BGM, the songs are not upto the mark except the title track. Also, 'Overa feel pannuren' appears as a speed breaker.
3) Engagement factor - The engagement factor takes a hit in the second half.
4) Illogical scenes - Some scenes in the second half feel Illogical.
Overall, P.S.Mithran again gives us a quality product which could have been conceived better in the latter half.
Rating - 8/10